Tulsa Sings! showcases the extraordinary talent who call or have called Tulsa home. The audition process for Tulsa Sings! begins by submitting an audition video, callback rounds, and rehearsals leading up to the performance. Anyone can audition for Tulsa Sings! who has a connection to Tulsa as a current or past resident of the Tulsa area.
Signature Symphony is excited to announce our 5th Tulsa Sings! vocal talent competition to shine the spotlight on undiscovered talent.
The Tulsa Sings! competition welcomes anyone with ties to Tulsa to compete for the opportunity to perform beside Scott Coulter and other Broadway stars with the orchestra at Signature Symphony’s final 2023-2024 season concert “Tulsa Sings! Best of Broadway” on Saturday, April 6, 2024, as a finalist. A panel of judges including Broadway star Scott Coulter, will choose the winner. There will be an “audience choice” award that evening with the winner announced at the end of the performance.
The winner could have the opportunity to be featured in a Signature Symphony in a concert during the 2024-2025 season.
- Entries open Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
- Contestants will submit audition videos (no more than 3 minutes in length), by providing a link to their performance on a platform such as YouTube or Vimeo on the entry form.
- Deadline for submissions is Monday, October 9, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- Contestants selected for callbacks will be notified Monday, October 24, 2023.
- In person callbacks will be held November 13 & 14, 2023 at Tulsa Community College Southeast Campus at 81st and Highway 169; times and room TBD.
- Finalists will be announced on December 15, 2023 at Signature Symphony’s Christmas in Tulsa concert.
- Finalists will be available on headshot date (January 27, 2024 at 6:30 p.m.) or provide their own headshot no more than 2 years old.
- 3-6 finalists will perform with the orchestra in the April 6, 2024, Signature Symphony concert, Tulsa Sings! Best of Broadway.” Finalists need to be available the week of April 1 through April 6, 2024 for evening rehearsals and performances.
Rules and Eligibility
- A current or past resident of the Tulsa area.
- Statement regarding Tulsa connection on the application form.
- Open to all ages. Under 18 must have parent/guardian approval.
- Vocal performances only.
- No monetary compensation will be provided for contestants for any aspect of this competition.
- Signature Symphony will not pay for transportation for any contestant.
- All videos/performances become the property of Signature Symphony for our use and marketing purposes.
Contestants may audition with any style or genre of music. Previous Tulsa Sings! competition winners (overall winner and audience favorite) are not eligible to compete again. All other 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2023 finalists are eligible to enter the competition again this year.
For additional information call 918-595-7776 or email email@example.com.
About Tulsa Sings!
Tulsa Sings! is a vocal competition embedded in Signature Symphony at TCC. Each year finalists are selected to work with New York City-based vocalist and concert performer, Scott Coulter, and perform on stage with the professional orchestra.
The value of the coaching and mentoring by an experienced performer with each finalist has been dubbed priceless by previous participants. Coulter works with each finalist to help elevate their performance. They learn valuable vocal techniques and artistic expression to help expand their performance range.
The Tulsa Sings! Grand Prize Winner is selected by a panel of judges and given the opportunity to be the featured or guest vocalist in a future Signature Symphony concert. The Tulsa Sings! Audience Favorite is determined by audience votes and invited to perform at a future Signature Symphony concert.
Previous Tulsa Sings! winners have returned to the Signature Symphony stage for the annual Christmas in Tulsa” and “4th on the 3rd” concert traditions, as well as performed alongside LaKisha Jones, a finalist from the sixth season of “American Idol”.