Buchert, a Jenks High School sophomore, is a member of the Trojanaire Vocal Music Show Choir and has performed with local theatre companies and Tulsa Opera.
Demaree is a music leader and vocalist in his church and has been involved in Tulsa’s long running holiday tradition, “A Christmas Carol” musical.
Miller, a Fort Gibson High School senior, is a member of the Tulsa Theatre Young Artist Program and a 2019 Discovery Award finalist.
Pryor is a long-time Tulsan and Jenks High School graduate and was an original member of Tulsa’s own Forever Plaid.
Ross began his medical career more than 20 year ago but his music interest started at a young age with classical training in violin and vocal performance.
Thresher, a Jenks High School senior, is a member of the Trojanaire Vocal Music Show Choir and a 2018 Tulsa Sings! finalist.
Blakely Family Trio
The Blakely Family trio consists of a father, mother and son. All have classical vocal training. The mother, Charlotte Couch, performs as a bassoonist for Signature Symphony at TCC. The father, Doug, and son, Connor have community theater and vocal performance experience.
Signature Symphony is excited to announce our 3rd annual Tulsa Sings! vocal talent competition to shine the spotlight again on yet undiscovered talent.
The Tulsa Sings! Competition welcomes anyone with ties to Tulsa to compete for the opportunity to perform beside Scott Coulter and other Broadway stars with the orchestra at Signature Symphony’s final 2019-2020 season Pops concerts on April 3 & 4, 2020 as a finalist. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges which include Broadway star Scott Coulter. There will be an “audience choice” award each evening with the grand prize winner announced at the end of the Saturday performance.
The grand prize winner could have the opportunity to be featured in a Signature Symphony in a concert during the 2020-2021 season.
Competition details and registration information coming soon.
- Entries open Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 8 a.m.
- Contestants will submit audition videos (no more than three minutes in length), by providing a link to their performance on a platform such as YouTube or Vimeo on the entry form.
- Deadline for submissions is Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Callback and finalist announcement dates TBD.
- Three to six finalists will perform with the orchestra in both April 3 & 4, 2020 Signature Symphony TTCU Pops concerts featuring the music of Rodgers and Hammerstein. Finalists need to be available the week of March 30 through April 4 for rehearsals and performances.
Rules & Eligibility
- Current or past resident of the Tulsa area.
- Statement regarding Tulsa connection on application form.
- Open to all ages. Under 18 must have parent/guardian approval.
- Vocal performances only.
- No monetary compensation for contestants.
- Signature Symphony will not pay for transportation for any contestant.
- All videos/performances become the property of Signature Symphony for our use and marketing purposes.
Contestants may audition with any style or genre of music, however need to be aware that music featured in the finals concert will be from a Richard Rodgers/Oscar Hammerstein collaboration and may want to take that into consideration when selecting audition repertoire. Previous Tulsa Sings! competition winners (overall winner and audience favorite) are not eligible to compete again. All other 2018 and 2019 finalists are eligible to enter the competition again this year.
For addition information email email@example.com or call (918) 595-7776.